In 1974, Robert Carbonaro wandered into a San Francisco guitar shop in which the proprietors were holding guitar making classes. He signed up and never looked back. Today, Robert makes custom guitars out of his Santa Barbara home studio, specializing in flat top and arch top models. He makes about eight guitars per year, give or take, spending up to 200 hours on each instrument, and selling them anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000. This weekend he’ll open his doors to the public to give a tour and talk about his craft. The event is part of the 2011 Santa Barbara County Arts Fund Open Dialogue Salon Series.
- J.R.R. Tolkien’s Great Grandson Makes His Filmmaking Debut in Santa Barbara
- In a Rare Treat, the Boston Symphony Orchestra Comes to Santa Barbara (but without James Levine!)
- Santa Maria Non-Profit Teaches English and Changes Lives
- The Santa Barbara Children’s Chorus Hits the Big Time with La Bohème
- Mind and Body Therapy… on Horses!!